Central Exchange, a Kansas City networking organization primarily for professional women, is observing its 35th anniversary by encouraging its 1,000-plus members to participate in volunteer projects.
The program is called “35 for 35.” Thirty-five Kansas City area nonprofits are being selected for Central Exchange members to commit volunteer time on specific days or provide items for donation drives. Members of the public are invited to join Central Exchange members at many of the 35 events.
The “35 for 35” project has two goals: to support community organizations and to create networking opportunities for its members.
So far, Central Exchange has selected 18 specific volunteer options, beginning July 4, 2015, and stretching into December 2015. The organization is seeking applications for the remaining months of the project, especially in the areas of food, health, literacy, the environment, children, and economic support.
Organizations interested in being considered for inclusion in the 35 for 35 project should send an email to Edgar Palacios. Please provide:
- The name of your organization
- The mission of your organization
- Whether you are looking for volunteers, donations, or both
- The date(s) desired
- The number of volunteers needed or the amount of donations needed
- If volunteers are desired, a brief summary of the kinds of work that will be done by volunteers, along with any special requirements (e.g., must be able to lift heavy objects)
- If volunteers are desired, the location(s) at which volunteers will be working
- The time commitment required for volunteers