Posted on November 17, 2017
In today’s increasingly digital world, organizations should be seeking out and testing effective ways to cultivate donors online. There are numerous paths to implementing online marketing and donor engagement strategies.
Here are a few simple questions you can ask to start assessing your readiness to dive into digital fundraising.
- Is our website mobile friendly?
- How does our website invite people to be engaged?
- Is it easy for them to tell what we do, when and how?
- Is our organizational brand clear?
- Can people easily find our address, phone number, and other contact information?
- Do we have a working “donate” button for easy online giving?
- Do we have a mechanism for knowing immediately when people give online and a procedure for acknowledging that gift?
- Can people download or submit our volunteer application online?
- Do we utilize any search engine optimization tools?
- Do we use our donor database as a tool for communications?
- Do we utilize an email service like Constant Contact, MailChimp, or Vertical Response?
- Do we utilize Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Snapchat?
- If so, what kinds of posts are we making to those accounts and how often?
If you missed our October 24th Coffee Cup Conversation with Craig Bittner from Unagency and would like some tips or guidance on maximizing your web presence, give us a call (913-831-4752). Support Kansas City can provide you with the resources and/or referrals you need to help effectively manage your online fundraising.
Director of Development and Administrative Services