Position Title: Accountant I
Supervisor: Client Accounting Manager
Do you want to support the Kansas City nonprofit community? Do you like variety in your work and want the opportunity to work with different nonprofit organizations in our community? Do you enjoy bookkeeping and accounting? SKC is looking for diverse candidates to join our accounting team.
Position Purpose: The Accountant I is responsible for providing accounting services to a broad range of 501(c)(3) organizations. The position includes an emphasis on bookkeeping, preparation of financial management reporting, and payroll processing.
Support Kansas City (SKC) is a nonprofit organization that provides back office support to other nonprofit organizations in the greater Kansas City community.
Location and Culture: SKC is located in Merriam, KS. With COVID staff is currently working in a hybrid model of alternating weeks in the office. Post COVID a flexible office and remote schedule will be adopted.
- Provide accounting support services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general journal entries, and management report preparation
- Prepare IRS Form 990 EZ and 990 filing extensions
- Process client payrolls
- Maintain a conscientious attitude with careful attention to detail
- Provides support to other accounting staff
- Participate in accounting and staff meetings
- Provide exceptional customer service and client support
- Interface with other SKC staff members to maximize efficiency in meeting client needs and deadlines
- Work on projects independently but not autonomously
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Skilled at organizing work activities and completing within a deadline
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of standard accounting practices and bookkeeping
- Basic computer knowledge
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien
- Pass all background checks
Compensation and Benefits: This position is full-time with an expectation of 40 hours per week. The schedule is flexible and allows for some remote work options. Salary will be commensurate with experience and perceived job fit. This position receives 17 days paid time off annually and 10 paid holidays per year. SKC covers 80% of employee medical benefits, and provides a 401K match, and life insurance.
To Apply: Email cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Please highlight specific experience and explain why this position is the one you desire. Submissions will be reviewed until the position is filled.
SKC is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We value all ethnicities, perspectives, and preferences. SKC thrives on diversity, knowing how much it benefits our employees, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to building and supporting a diverse workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.